Small Business Bookkeeping Resources
Sometimes the hardest part is knowing where to look.
Please note: Although we encourage our clients, and other small business owners, to do their own research when managing their business, we recommend consulting a professional such as an accountant or lawyer before making important business decisions. These links are provided purely for information purposes to assist in your initial research. Our bookkeeping team do not endorse the information or advice in any of the websites linked to from this website.
The following are some links to useful websites for small business owners.
- Australian Taxation Office – The peak authority in Australia for taxation matters. The ATO website has lots of resources and tools to help you understand your responsibilities and manage your business.
- Fair Work Australia – This is the website for the Fair Work Ombudsman. It contains information about the rights of your employees including pay levels, leave entitlements etc.
- Worksafe Queensland – Information about your rights and responsibilities, as a business operator, in relation to workplace safety
- Victorian WorkCover Authority – Information about your rights and responsibilities, as a business operator, in relation to workplace safety.
- ASIC – The Australian Securities and Investment Commission provides information about starting a company and registering business names. It includes information about various business structures.
- ASIC Connect – This is the portal that ASIC provides for registering a new business and managing your business names and records.
- ABN Lookup – This is a portal provided by the Australian government which enables you to look up a business based on its ABN. You can also update the information related to your ABN on the site.
- Superannuation (ATO) – This link takes you to the information from the ATO about your rights and responsibilities in relation to superannuation