The following are links to some useful websites for small business owners:
- Australian Taxation Office – The peak authority in Australia for taxation matters. The ATO website has lots of resources and tools to help you understand your responsibilities and manage your business.
- Fair Work Australia – This is the website for the Fair Work Ombudsman. It contains information about the rights of your employees including pay levels, leave entitlements etc.
- Victorian WorkCover Authority – Information about your rights and responsibilities, as a business operator, in relation to workplace safety.
- ASIC – The Australian Securities and Investment Commission provides information about starting a company and registering business names. It includes information about various business structures.
- ASIC Connect – This is the portal that ASIC provides for registering a new business and managing your business names and records.
- ABN Lookup – This is a portal provided by the Australian government which enables you to look up a business based on its ABN. You can also update the information related to your ABN on the site.
- Superannuation (ATO) – This link takes you to the information from the ATO about your rights and responsibilities in relation to superannuation
These links are to specific calculators proved by the appropriate Australian authorities:
- Fuel Tax Credit Calculator – Australian Taxation Office
- Superannuation Calculator – Australian Taxation Office
- Long Service Leave Calculator – Victorian Government
Please note: Although we encourage to do your own research to help in managing your business please always consult a professional such as your accountant or lawyer before making important business decisions. These links are provided purely for information purposes to assist in your initial research. Nifty Bookkeeping does not endorse the information or advice in any of the websites linked to from this website.